23/04/21

X-Slicer Addon for Blender - 1st beta release

This addon is located in Github (https://github.com/aenckli/x_slicer).

Few months ago, I started to learn Blender. Found that cardboard terrain model is possible from blender model by Ryan's laser slicer addon (https://blendscript.blogspot.com/2019/01/blender-28-laser-slicer.html). It becomes more interesting to explore the capability of Blender and addons.

Further thought about interlocked cardboard models in internet, I found that there are Fusion 360 and Sketchup addon for automatic creation. I think that it is great if Blender also has such function.

Inspired by Ryan's work, I started to learn Python and Blender script. Fortunately, Python's learning curve is not steep. I can pickup basics through past amateur coding experience. Extended Ryan's work, I created another addon to create interlocked slices. This seems also interesting to some other people.


This is my first python code, first Blender addon, and first Github project. Leave me feedback if found any issue.


沒有留言:

Birder Home - Birder's Personal Resource Center

Birder Home is developed for bird watchers who like to have own resource center having textual information, images, audios and vi...